PAYMENT & BILLING
UNDERSTANDING YOUR BILL
- DUE DATE & STATEMENT DATE tells the final date for payment and the date the bill was produced. Click to read more.
- CUSTOMER # - PREMISES # are twelve (12) very important digits. Click to read more.
- ACCOUNT SUMMARY includes sub-headings such as: Previous Balance, Payments, Balance Brought Forward, Current Charges and Total Amount Due. Click to read more.
- NO. OF DAYS refers to the period for which you are being billed. Click to read more.
- ENERGY 1ST/ ENERGY NEXT. The energy you use is calculated at different rates. Click to read more.
- F/E ADJUSTMENT/FUEL CHARGE. F/E Adjust is the difference between the Base and the Billing Exchange Rate. Fuel & IPP Charge covers the cost of the fuel required to produce and deliver each kWh of electricity. Click to read more.
Learning to read your JPS Electricity Bill is essential to understanding how your monthly charges are calculated. It’s also a good way to monitor your energy consumption pattern.
Let's take a closer look at the JPS bill and its features. Click the numbers which appear in the image on the right for a detailed explanation of each section.
Your electricity bill is a multi-purpose document that:
- Provides details on your energy consumption pattern.
- Helps you to track changes in specific areas such as fuel and foreign exchange rate, allowing you to see how these factors affect your payments
- Provides you with general information about your contract for service