PAYMENT & BILLING
UNDERSTANDING YOUR BILL
- SERVICE NAME/ADDRESS - The name of business and address where the service is provided. Click to read more.
- DUE DATE & STATEMENT DATE tells you the final date and date the bill was produced. Click to read more.
- ACCOUNT NUMBER - Consist of a CUSTOMER # and PREMISES #. Click to read more.
- CURRENT CHARGES - In this section you will find information regarding the Meter Number, Billing Cycle, Number of Days and Multiplier. Click to read more.
- Learn about Your ENERGY CHARGE, DEMAND CHARGE and CUSTOMER CHARGE. Click to read more.
- F/E ADJUSTMENT/FUEL CHARGE - This is an adjustment applied to all charges excluding fuel and IPP. Click to read more.
Learn to read your JPS Electricity Bill! Click the numbers which appears in the image (below) for an explanation of each component of your bill.
Having a better appreciation of the makeup of and information on your electricity bill will allow consumers to:
- better understand their monthly electricity bill,
- spot anomalies and,
- in some instances modify their operation to minimize their electricity cost.
The rates used to calculate your electricity bill are determined by a Rate Schedule, which is approved by the Office of Utilities Regulation (OUR). Rate Schedules are available at JPS customer service offices or by clicking here
All charges excluding the Fuel & IPP Charge are adjusted on June 1st of each year to reflect Jamaican Inflation, US inflation, change in the weighted average US selling Exchange Rate issued by the Bank of Jamaica in about March 31, of each year and efficiency and quality of service factors.